Hello! So while I’ve been focusing a lot on Halloween on the blog I thought we’d take a little break and I’d share my inspiration board for Bugaboo’s new big boy room. I’m very excited that we will be welcoming a new little one to our family in January! It has been wonderful because for this second time around, we have so much already, there is very little we need to purchase. We didn’t find out the gender with Bugaboo so everything we bought was gender neutral. We are also waiting to be surprised with baby #2 and it is great knowing all of Bugaboo’s little baby stuff will work with whatever gender the new baby is!
With a new baby on the way, it meant the empty room in our house that has been a holding tank for my miscellaneous craft items, furniture people have given us, camping gear, and basically anything else your can imagine (the door stays shut to this room!) needs a make-over. I debated for a long time about keeping Bugaboo in his current ABC-themed room and creating a new nursery for baby #2 but in the end that didn’t really make sense. The ABC nursery is already gender neutral, and since Bugaboo will likely be out of his crib soon, it wouldn’t make sense to buy new bedding for a crib when we already have it!
SO Bugaboo is moving into the spare bedroom and I get to design a big boy room! We have decided to go with a subtle transportation theme since he really loves cars, trucks, planes, and trains. His first two words were car and honk, if that gives you any indication of how much he loves them :)
Below is the inspiration board with some of my ideas. I’d like to fill it with pieces that will last him a long time and keep the car theme to sheets and wall art, things that can easily be traded out for new items as he grows up.
Bugaboo’s Big Boy Room:
- Hayden Blackout Panel: Pottery Barn Kids. I have wanted to buy real blackout curtains for such a long time! Currently I have my homemade version in Bugaboo’s nursery which were made from leftover corduroy fabric – they work pretty well but these are beautiful!
- French Navel Clock: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I love the look of this clock with the metal and think I can achieve a DIY version of this clock!
- Stencil Letters: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. Again I love the vintage metal decor at Restoration Hardware and would love to make my own version of these letters that spell Bugaboo’s name!
- Cabidos Table Lamp: Joss & Main. The inspiration for my lamp makeover. Another DIY project inspired by this lamp – love the silver with royal blue.
- Art Deco Poster. I plan to paint this in acrylic to hang by the book nook.
- Vale Mist paint color by Benjamin Moore. This is the current color the room is painted and we’ve decided to make it work rather than re-paint!
- Brody Sheet Set: Pottery Barn Kids
- Aaron Quilt and Sham: Pottery Barn Kids
- X-Ray Transportation Photography: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I love the black and white graphic quality of these prints. Again this will be a DIY project!
- Schoolhouse Linen Pillow Cover: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. Unfortunately the spectacle pillow is no longer available but I love the style of these pillows!
- Book Nook! This image found on Pinterest is my inspiration! I love it and I already have the two cube units!
- Number Lamp. This will be coming from Bugaboo’s nursery :)
- White Dresser. This one is really close to the vintage one we have from my Grandmother. We just finished spraying the hardware silver!
- Tailored Striped Rug: Pottery Barn Kids.
As you can see I have lots of exciting DIY projects planned for Bugaboo’s big boy room that I will be sharing over the next several months! Yay, new projects!